You must register as a delegate of the conference before submitting your abstract. To register and to submit your abstract online, click HERE. Only presenting author required to be registered as delegate. A registered delegate is allowed to submit multiple abstracts as presenting author. In the event of multiple registration fees received on the same delegate, the delegate can request a refund on the excessive fee paid, by emailing the secretariat at email@example.com. The conference secretariat will organize a refund after ensuring that the request is genuine.
Abstract must be written in English in all parts including title, names and affiliations of the authors, abstract text and appendices i.e. table, figure and graph.
Abstract must be original research material that has neither been published nor presented in any international meeting at the time of submission. However, abstracts submitted to, or presented at, local or national meetings may be submitted. All original research must be approved by a relevant research ethical committee and the approval should be mentioned in the abstract text.
Abstract should be in accordance with the Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (JGH) Supplement's format. Authors should ensure the abstract is properly reviewed, proof-read and free of grammatical error.
The last date of abstract submission is 30 April 2020.
You will be notified on the decision of acceptance (or rejection) by 31 May 2020.
The title should be capitalized on the first letter of the important words and should not be more than 40 words.
Authors’ name should be in surname-last format, capitalized on the first letter of each name. Presenting author’s name should be highlighted. A maximum of 15 authors are allowed for one abstract. The presenting author will be the sole corresponding author accepted by the conference.
Authors’ affiliation should contain the name of institution, city and country.
The abstract text should be divided into the following headings: Background/Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusion. Only ONE table, figure or graph is allowed for each abstract and they must be referred in the abstract text. Word limit for an abstract without appendices is 300 and 250 if the abstract carries a table, figure or graph.
A figure or graph should be uploaded separately either in the JPEG or PNG file format. The maximum file size of each figure/graph is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/ image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel.
No more than five keywords are allowed for each abstract.
Please indicate your abstract categories as per the following:
- Diseases of the esophagus
- Diseases of the stomach and duodenum
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Diseases of the small bowel
- Diseases of the colon and anorectum
- Diseases of the pancreas
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract
- Gut microbiota
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Luminal – miscellaneous
- Hepatitis B – basic science
- Hepatitis B – clinical
- Hepatitis C – basic science
- Hepatitis C – clinical
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease – basic science
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease – clinical
- Other liver diseases
- Complications of cirrhosis
- Acute liver failure and acute on chronic liver failure
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Tumors of the hepato-biliary-pancreatic system (other than hepatocellular carcinoma)
- Liver transplantation / liver support
- Liver – miscellaneous
- Endoscopy – video competition
- Upper GI endoscopy – motility and general disorder
- Upper GI endoscopy – neoplasia
- Lower GI endoscopy – general disorder
- Lower GI endoscopy – inflammatory bowel disease
- Lower GI endoscopy – neoplasia
- Small bowel endoscopy
- EUS – general
- EUS – EUS-guided biliary drainage
- EUS – EUS-guided treatment of regional tumour
- Third space endoscopy (POEM, G-POEM, Z-POEM, PREM, STER, ESE, LECS)
- Bariatric endoscopy
- Paediatric endoscopy
- Endoscopy – miscellaneous
Surgery / Multidisciplinary
- Upper GI surgery / multidisciplinary
- Lower GI surgery / multidisciplinary
- Hepatobiliopancreatic surgery / multidisciplinary
- Bariatric surgery / multidisciplinary
- Pediatric surgery / multidisciplinary
- Surgery / multidisciplinary – miscellaneous
You may apply for one of the following awards:
- APDWF Young Investigators Award (Oral presentation),
- APDWF Poster Distinction Award (E-poster presentation),
- APDWF-JGHF Young Clinician Investigators Program,
- APDWF-JGHF Travel Grant (both Oral and E-poster presentation)
Please indicate your choice of award in your online abstract submission. For more details about these awards, please click HERE.
If you are not able to complete the online submission process, you may save your work and complete it later. Please note that your submission must be completed before the submission deadline.
The abstract will be published in the Supplement of the Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (JGH) only if the corresponding or presenting author is a registered delegate.
The presenting author is expected to present the abstract during their designated oral or poster session. Details of presentation session will be notified by email. Failure to present during designated oral or poster session will automatically be disqualified for any award.
If you have queries regarding online submission or abstract related matters, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register & Submit Abstract Online